Companies within the life sciences industry have been increasing their use of third parties to manage postmarket surveillance activities in recent years. If you are thinking about outsourcing some of your company’s more time-consuming tasks, it’s important to keep in mind that there are both advantages and disadvantages to this method.
Interested in Outsourcing your Postmarket Surveillance activities? Contact RCA Now →
Below, we will discuss some of the pros and cons of outsourcing so that you have the knowledge to make the right choice for your business.
- Reduced costs: Outsourcing your post market surveillance activities will improve upon your overall business functions, thereby reducing operating costs and increasing profits. You can use those savings to foster growth for your company.
- Leveraging resources: While cost is one of the main benefits, outsourcing offers so much more. For example, you can use the time and effort you save on post market surveillance to leverage your talent and resources on other high-value tasks. By delegating less complex work to a team of compliance experts, you can make the most of your valuable employees with riskier responsibilities.
- Taking advantage of core competencies: What are your team members’ strengths in relation to your customers’ needs? This question will weigh heavily in your decision to outsource, especially if your internal resources lack the qualifications necessary to handle regulatory affairs. Outsourcing allows you to focus on your own core competencies while using a third party’s core competencies to increase productivity.
- Improved speed and efficiency: If a task falls outside your core competency, it will take longer to complete it, with a greater risk for error. However, outsourcing to an expert speeds up your processes and helps create a more efficient work process for all parties involved.
- Less direct control: When you outsource business processes, you release direct control you might otherwise have over those processes. It’s important to keep this in mind if you know that a mistake or failure of a task could have serious implications on the business.
- Pressure on supplier management control: Outsourcing places pressure on your supplier management controls, which could result in losses for your company if poorly handled. As a result, you will need to establish a co-governance plan that allows you to retain some control.
- Quality of the process: Potential negative impact on quality of the process outcome or services and its impact on profitability and customer satisfaction.
Regulatory Compliance Associates® (RCA) provides healthcare consulting services to the following industries for resolution of compliance and regulatory challenges:
We understand the complexities of running a life science business and possess areas of expertise that include every facet of R&D, operations, regulatory affairs, quality, and manufacturing. Our life science consultants are used to working on the front lines and thriving in the scrutiny of FDA, Health Canada, MHRA and globally-regulated companies.
As your partners, we can negotiate the potential minefield of regulatory compliance and regulatory due diligence with insight, hindsight, and the clear advantage of our unique expertise and experience.
- Founded in 2000
- Expertise backed by over 500 industry subject matter experts
- Acquired by Sotera Health in 2021
About Sotera Health®
The name Sotera Health® was inspired by Soteria, the Greek goddess of safety, and reflects the Company’s unwavering commitment to its mission, Safeguarding Global Health®.
Sotera Health Company, along with its three best-in-class businesses – Sterigenics®, Nordion® and Nelson Labs®, is a leading global provider of mission-critical end-to-end sterilization solutions and lab testing and advisory services for the healthcare industry. With a combined tenure across our businesses of nearly 200 years and our industry-recognized scientific and technological expertise, we help to ensure the safety of over 190 million patients and healthcare practitioners around the world every year.
We are a trusted partner to more than 5,800 customers in over 50 countries, including 40 of the top 50 medical device companies and 8 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies.
To begin the Regulatory Compliance Associates® scoping process today, please enter your information in the blue form below and click the submit button at the bottom of the webpage.