Interim Management, or outsourced quality and regulatory management, has become an increasingly common practice in the life science industry. The quality assurance (QA) and regulatory affairs (RA) functions create extra complexity for large and small life science companies because needs may vary greatly depending on the lifecycle of the organization. These companies turn to outsourcing to manage operations and tactical skills and also help adopt best practices.
Early in a company’s lifecycle, strategic leadership is needed for product filings, regulatory pathway, manufacturing setup, and quality management systems creation. As the company matures, these functions often transition to a maintenance mode.
Outsourcing strategic management can provide a better match to changing QA / RA strategic needs through a company’s lifecycle. Our interim management brings needed expertise while saving costs.
We can assist in the following situations:
- Strategic Leadership and Management of the QA / RA Functional Area
- Staff Transitions or Augmentation
- Special Projects Lacking Internal Bandwidth
- Early-Stage Companies Needing Strategic QA / RA Insights, but Not Ready for Full-Time Headcount
We can provide needed expertise while saving costs in areas including:
- Medical Affairs
- Product Development
Additional Quality services include:
- Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP) Readiness Audit
- Document Control Systems Implementation and Remediation
- Quality System Implementation
- Quality System Remediation
- Risk Management (ISO 14971)
- ISO 13485:2016
- 21 CFR part 820
- Quality Due Diligence
- Laboratory Support
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Development
- Method Transfer
- Method Validation