In 2014, The International Medical Device Regulators Forum (IMDRF) launched a program that would allow a single regulatory audit to satisfy the requirements of multiple regulatory jurisdictions. This program as it is known today is the Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP). There are multiple countries participating in the program and they include the USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, and Japan. One item of note is that manufacturers selling products in the Canadian market, are required to transition by January 1, 2019. For more information about Health Canada’s transition requirements click here.
The pilot phase for the program began in January 2014 and concluded in December 2016. Based on evaluation of the data collected during the pilot, the MDSAP Regulatory Authority Council deemed that the Pilot had demonstrated viability. For more information from the FDA about industry feedback and updates click here.
How RCA Can Help
RCA can assist with the continuum of activities required including QMS implementation, registration, and life cycle management of your medical device products. Whether you are preparing for an MDSAP Audit or you just need to understand the impact, RCA can assist. We offer support in the following areas:
Gap Assessments to assess compliance to ISO 13485:2016 and MDSAP requirements
- Systems audit
- Compliance Audit
- Product and Process Audit
- Internal audit program alignment
System Improvements to ensure your quality management system is in compliance to ISO 13485:2016 and MDSAP requirements
- Assistance with implementing recommendations as identified during the gap assessment
- Assistance with the transition to ISO 13485:2016 and MDSAP
- Assistance with understanding what needs to be updated or revised to get certified by a recognized MDSAP Auditing Organization
- Assistance with preparing for the rigors of an MDSAP audit by performing a mock audit/inspection